A few figures (2016-2017)
- There were 2 800 people on holiday.
- 80 percent of these are vulnerable target groups and their supervisors.
- A total of 13 000 overnight stays were booked.
Pioneer in care vacations
De Kleppe is a pioneer when it comes to care vacations for vulnerable groups and people in poverty.
- The first holidays in the old monastery building with a garden were organised in 1995.
- In 2010 one decided to renew the monastery and make it completely accessible. Research had shown that 39 percent of people with a disability that receive an allowance, live below the European poverty line.
- The infrastructure and the domain of De Kleppe meets the Flemish A+-label, the highest form of accessability.
- 49 people can spend the night. Each year more than a thousand of people from the wanted target groups spend their vacations there and this number rises each year.
Since 2017 De Kleppe is reckognized as a care farm by the Flemish Agency for people with a disability.
- This reckognition allows to organise a daily allowance for people with a disability who have a personal budget.
- Also people who go on vacation and have their own budget can spend a part thereof on their vacation in De Kleppe.
- Persons who are in our target adiences, receive around 30 percent discount per stayover.
- We have a catering service at low prices and also the possibility to cook for youself.
- There are many activities on the domain itself or in the near environment.
So it stays an affordable vacation.
- In the holiday centre we have adapted care rooms, shower brancards, high-low beds, toilet-and fixating chairs and elevators.
- There are three low stimulus rooms for people with behavioral issues.
- In the garden there are hardened paths, one can enter the vegetable garden in a weelchair or rollator.
- The arena for shows is also accessible for wheelchairs and walkers.
See the accomodations
Active with animals
- The animals in the farm are used for therapeutic workshops. Those are always made to fit the needs of the person.
- In De Kleppe one can learn to do a parcours with a goat, to pet a bunny and hug it, or to adventure on a donkey.